Can you follow us on the map?

Can you follow us on the map?

Friday, April 22, 2011

Security Search & Sticky Fingers

OMG! Just went through airport security, and you know how you are always hoping that you won't be asked to step aside or your backpack won't removed from the xray belt for an extra unzip?... well, I just got the latter leaving Cusco. So, "yes," I nod, "that is mine, go ahead... no, no matches, no pocketknives", etc. As the security guard proceeds to unzip every little pocket, I notice his right fist is closed, but not his left. He unzips another, still clenching something in his right palm... seems a little strange til I remember I had a $20bill in the pocket. So, he's smiling and speaking more Spanish nicely to me, but I look at him and smile back and ask sweetly, "did you just take my dollares?" (notice my attempt at Spanish?) ha! "oh Nooo" he replies smoothly, now opening both hands wide in my big backpack chamber and releasing the $20 back from whence it came. Although this time in a new zip spot! Hmmm... Tip to remember while traveling anywhere, even the airport Security guards may swipe your stuff! Sheesh!

2 comments:

  1. The joys of airport security. Be glad he didn't go for the full body pat down as well.
    C.K. Becker

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am loving your posts, but as suspected, you are moving too fast! We spent 8 days in Cusco, and Ron did try the guinnea pig, reluctantly.
    Love the reading and game lists! Start one of different travel modes :)
    Coming home from Peru we were held in airport security with all Americans for nearly an hour and a half and then had every bit of our bags unpacked and unwrapped, and searched. Ironically, we found out they were looking for counterfeit American dollars.
    We drink coca de mate tea every day now! Apparently it's good for so many things, including bruising and digestion!
    Slow down in the Galapagos!

    ReplyDelete